Turkish Museum of Buildings and Works of Art which hinges on Foundations Head Office, is in a külliye that consists of structures with different functions.
The külliye was made between 1644 and 1702, by Amcazâde Hussein Pasha who was the grand vizier in the period of Sultan Mustafa II.
Consisting of classroom – small mosque (mescit), rooms of madrasah, library, school of Sıbyan and sebil sections; the külliye has a peculiar plan of madrasah unlike the classical madrasahs that have U style.
Today, in the külliye, which is a museum now, there are stone epigraphs, epitaphs, chinas, wooden items, measuring tools, illuminating instruments, decorative building materials, architectural elements, sultans’s signatures, ceiling embellishments, (wooden and gypsum) lecterns, nacre and tortoiseshell creations that embody the delicate style of kündekârî wood handicraftmanship, metallic items (gülabdans, thuribles, candlesticks, ensigns, banners, ewers, braziers). Some of these items are arranged in the garden in order to be “Open Air Museum”. In the garden, the coif of minare belonging to Fatih Mosque, contents headings, sultans’s signatures and epitaphs, the mirrors of fountain, marble basins, epigraphs, and architectural creations on exhibiton.
Moreover, in the museum there are also nails, iron brackets, door handles, lock-keys, hinges and faucets which were yielded in the buildings.
There are 1529 pieces of creations in the museum.Thanks to the creations which come down from the mosques, the number of the creations continuously change.
Tel.:0212 525 12 94 Fax: 0212 527 58 51
Adres: Saraçhane Sokak No: 1 Fatih